Class 1 Driving Instructors
Looking for a Rewarding Career?
We are looking for experienced, responsible, patient, enthusiastic driving instructors to teach Class 1 (MELT), Class 3, and Air brakes courses in the Okanagan, Lower Mainland, and Northern BC. You will be responsible for preparing our students for their commercial driver’s road tests by providing instruction in the classroom, yard, and on the road.
Driving instructor’s responsibilities include following our MELT curriculum and delivering lessons that teach students theoretical knowledge combined with applied driving skills on the road.
Driving instructors communicate with students daily regarding their course progress. As a professional driving instructor for Northshore Driving School, you will assess skills and knowledge to determine which skills require further improvement.
Maintaining excellent communication with students at all times is essential to being successful as a driving instructor.
Top driving instructors will be able to match their instruction style to meet the needs of students while meeting targets set by the driving school, ICBC and the industry.
Class 1 (MELT) Driving Instructor
- Delivering classroom, yard, and road lessons that are specific to Class 1 – MELT standards.
Class 3 Driving Instructor
- Delivering classroom, yard, and road lessons that are specific to Class 3 standards.
Air brakes Driving Instructor
- Delivering classroom, yard and road lessons that are specific to Air brakes standards.
Driving Instructor Responsibilities:
- Provide instruction on various parts and functions of a commercial vehicle, trailer, and government regulations.
- Teaching best practices and practical skills related to all aspects of professional driving.
- Help students to develop confidence in their driving skills.
- Gaining control of the vehicle during emergencies.
- Calming students who are in distress.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Recording and reporting all safety incidents, near misses, accidents.
- Inform students when they are ready to take the road test.
Driving Instructor Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driving license for the level at which you will be teaching.
- Valid driving instructor’s license or certification.
- Proven experience as a driving instructor.
- Clear driving record.
- Clear criminal record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Patience and enthusiasm.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
Mon – Friday: 8am – 4pm
Evenings: 4pm – 12am
Okanagan, Lower Mainland & Vancouver Island
Evenings & Weekends: $35/hr
Evenings & Weekends: $30/hr
Must provide a drivers abstract